Site BUGS Thread:

On my first visit (before re-logging) I check my description, and as I came back to the site I was sent to an "old" style page.

I posted a thread. I get a server error code. Thread doesn't show up on the list. I post again, it says I posted already. It is not posted. WHERE DID IT GO?

I post again. Still, already posted. NO IT IS NOT!

Is there a Delay with new threads?

And I can't seem to change my avatar, though I don't wish to at this time.

EDIT: Since I'm such a stickler for correct capitalization, spelling, grammar, etc. in my posts, I had to capitalize the "I."

I was browsing using threaded view, using the next post button, and suddenly Chevy the ent went on a rampage and took over all the avatars on the thread.

Ricky looks wierd as an ent, I must say.
Ripcord but up a good fight, flying over Chevy's branches, but in the end Chevy Treebeard won the day, as ents are want to.

Seriously, the thread was from Apple Rumors etc.
Microsoft: iTunes Store too limited for Windows users

I tried to reproduce the effect in another thread, and Treebeard ran amok again. Seems it is the dynamic icons, because tsizKEIK's spinning apple caused problems too.

As with anything new, it will take a while to learn all the new stuff. What I thought was a bug was really me hitting the wrong button. ;)

Some people can't change their avatar.

The STICKY threads don't show up as sticky ones if you are viewing in View NEw Threads mode. :eek:

I did find something strange. I got an email message that I had a private message. The link in the email takes me to my inbox - but the new message is not there. I went to User CP and there was the message.

Now going back to the inbox of private messages... that new message is still not listed. Even after a refresh. :(

cheryl - try scrolling further down that page. actual recieved messages are below receipted messages. i was confused about this at first.

Dumb me. Thanks Ed. What I was looking at was the confirmed receipts. :rolleyes:

It's time to take a nap. :)

ICQ button is always green. Previously in VB it has been blue, gray, red according to whether you are online or not. I apper green and don't have the app running.

When I click on an add on the right pane (yes, I do click on adds from time to time), the new page replaces the macosx.com page instead of opening in a new window.

chevy said:
When I click on an add on the right pane (yes, I do click on adds from time to time), the new page replaces the macosx.com page instead of opening in a new window.

That is google... not a whole lot I can do about that.

the buttons to insert code (like [ b ] and stuff) don't work for me on panther, safari 1.1. similar thing works on other site though

When I tried to jump to another forum from the Apple NRD, the submenus didn't pop out.

Is there any way to fix the New Threads code so that it displays new threads when one refreshes?

And maybe you could decrease the time between posts to 30-45 seconds, and/or the minimum post length to 5-7 characters.

The graphic glitches I described above do not reoccur in IE... it seems Netscape does not like some of the code you've got. However, the scrollbar in the QR box overlaps the 4 format buttons to the right of it.

More to come, of course.

the problem with refreshing and using the back button with the new posts view has gotten worse, not better. now i'm getting a box with a message that no results were found and to try a different term.

Back