Site Changes

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
We have had some complaints from those surfing our site from Windows that graphics didn't load correctly and after visiting, no other sites seemed to work. Well, this is great that our site has such an effect on Windows users, but it's just not acceptable.

So, we have removed our theme until we can revise it.

Admin

Were they all using IE? I use Win2k at work and finally stopped using IE. It will stop loading images ANYWHERE after a while. This was with IE 5.5sp2, so I tried upgrading to IE 6 and still the same problems. Lots of other people are having the same problems. I switched to Phoenix (under the Mozilla project) and no more problems. So I would say it's IE and not macosx.com.

And btw, I have to say that I found the "theme" a bit confusing. I didn't like how the profile, quote, edit, etc., buttons/links were so scattered and different looking.

Could you please keep the theme as an option, and just remove it as default?
I have a slow connection and I find it very practical to be able to post a reply with one step less.

This 'old' theme is easier to read...more contrast. Maybe I'm going blind or something.
The new theme didn't cause problems w/ Chimera, but it looked kinda odd, like Plastic.com, just harder to get around in.

eshine7

Dang, I really liked that theme. :(
Stupid windows users always complaining or causing a muck! Can't they just get a Mac and make life better for everybody? :D

Originally posted by Trip
Dang, I really liked that theme. :(
Stupid windows users always complaining or causing a muck! Can't they just get a Mac and make life better for everybody? :D

Fine. Convince my boss to get me a Mac. Actually, she's fine with me running Linux or whatever, but it has to be x86 systems. It's the Federal government. I'd kill for a Mac for my desktop. Plus doing Unix sysadmin, OS X would make more sense than Win2k.

* Edited to make more sense :) *

It loaded fine in Mozilla under Windows. IE 6 definitely has some issues.

The theme was dark and hard to navigate anyway. I like the lighter theme much more.

Originally posted by itanium
It loaded fine in Mozilla under Windows. IE 6 definitely has some issues.

It's not just IE 6. 5.5sp2 has the same issues. I'm enjoying Phoenix under Windows though. Much more than Mozilla, too.

Originally posted by Trip
Wow, now we're back to the theme? I'm lost...

On a whim, I went to my luser options, and sure enough, right at the bottom, "Style Set". Set it to the old style. Thanks for implementing this, Admin!

The 'old' new theme is back...

I agree with you gigi, I really like and use the "quick reply" box.

I like this (blue theme) more, but the text boxes in chimera are really hard to read, such as the one for when you are replying to a post. Perhaps if the text was a darker blue? (right now its light blue on white)

Originally posted by hazmat
It's the Federal government. I'd kill for a Mac for my desktop. Plus doing Unix sysadmin, OS X would make more sense than Win2k.

* Edited to make more sense :) *

Err... dun say "you'll kill for anything" these days... you might find your house surrounded by Feds with big guns... LOL.

A few weeks ago I was using IE 5.5sp2 on Win2000 and none of the pics loaded.

However I just brought Netscape 4.7 up and it loaded all the pics. I didn't complain about it.

I just figured it was a flaw in IE 5 for Windows and that the Mac of course could bring it up fine.

Back