site is very slow today

edX

mac shaman
i am having repeated problems with this iste and only this iste. connections are slow when they occur at all. i repeatedly get 'not found' messages even with repeated clicks. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and what the cause might be.

Seems fine to me ... I'm on LAN and the pages are coming up quickly. I'd try flushing your browser cache.

he he - you have no idea how many times i mispell site like that!! i am constantly having to go back and correct it. sorry i missed it twice in a row like that. :p

ok, i have figured out that this only happens in icab, and only when i have it set to respect standards. last night i got a bad code report while posting. i haven't seen it again, but it mentioned something in line 6 of the php i think. i suspect there is something that has been corrupted in the site software but that only a standards compliant browser would notice. I'm surprised that some chimera or mozilla users aren't getting this as well.

oh well, i'll b*tch louder if it doesn't get resolved in a day or two. :D

oh and alex - that should be "an" iste. the i is long. :eek:

Ah, but really "an" shouldnt be used if I knew you ment site.

But, point taken.

I have a new webiste you should check it out.

i'm actually having difficulty as well. i'm running IE6 on a Dell PC, and the images are on a permanent "downloading picture..." state on www.macosx.com. not only that, it affects all other websites i try to access after visiting macosx.com. before i reboot, i get an "explorer.exe" error before i "end program" for the computer to restart. ...i'm being punished for using a PC at work!!! :)

Worldcomm was having issues last week, and I noitced earlier that the same weird issues that some users had issues with on Thur/Fri last week, were slow again today. It's not on our end or our provider.

As for the explorer.exe... It's called Winblows.

:)

Works fine on my Windows XP box and Windows 2000 box.

Admin

Back