Size of apps? Pondering if I should go 16 or 32.

qwikstreet

OS X Friendly
I'm a strong advocate and follower of Mr Jobs products and was pretty good at staying up to date...that is until kids and a mortgage came along. So my tech budget was nearly sliced till nil. No big deal since my main workstation is a 7 yr old iBook G3 that out lasts all my Window friends by at least 2 purchases. Anyways...

Things are looking up at work and I'm told I need a phone that will support Goodlink and I have a $200 hardware allowance on top of my monthly expenses. I also have enough work credit to cash in for a prize from their list (mainly an iPod).

I'm wondering if the 16gb iPhone which would be fully covered under the allowance would be enough space for my mobile needs and bells and whistles. I'm not looking at using it for all my iTunes library but maybe a playlist here and there and just get a larger iPod.

So basically what size are some of the apps like Goodlink, Facebook, Netflix, popular apps, etc?

IMHO, 16 gigs will be far more than you'll need.

I've got the 16 loaded with roughly 150 apps, 800 songs, 55 podcasts, and maybe 100 pictures and still have 7 gigs left. BTW, the system takes almost 2 gigs, so 14 is max.

It really depends how much you are using video.

If you don't use a lot a video, then 16GB (14GB) should be enough as SGilbert points out.

If however you use a lot of video you could quickly use up your available 14GB and should probably consider 32GB.

- Forest Mars

Back