Sktpe? + running it on OSX 10.3

wonsly

Registered
Hi, I am running OSX 10.3, and I am wanting to download and use Skype. The download that I downloaded and installed only opens for a second, then quickly shuts down and disappears from my dock. Is this because I have downloaded the osx 10.3.7, I thought I had the right one for just osx 10.3. can anyone help or direct me to a Skype download that will run on my osx 10.3.

Also, can anyone tell me if Skype can be used on a dial up internet connection?

Thank you

Not true, dialup can carry the voice. I have been in a call with someone and they were using dialup (57,6). Quality was not bad. Skype uses their own codecs and they are great.

Skype requires a minimum of OS 10.3.9. Why are you still using 10.3.7, by the way? Why not update to 10.3.9?
You might want to check out Gizmo http://www.gizmoproject.com/. It's an alternative to Skype. Give both a try and see which one you like best.
But you'll need OS 10.3.9 for Gizmo, too.

o thanks a lot for that, I'll check it out.
o is there an easy way to up-grade to 10.3.9? or do i have to re-format my whole mac?

dont you just go up to the apple on the top left hand corner of your mac and click on 'Software Update..' and you can update your system's software...

Back