Sky TV on my Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I too got really confused when I was planning my set-up.

Good luck in choosing.

btw. To really confuse things you could look at the EyeTv 310 which acts as a satellite receiver as well, though it won't get SKY so you'd have to have another dish aimed at a non SKY satellite. I thought about this solution, but of course there are fewer channels available.

Yes. Pretty good picture on the computer via a coaxial cable to a Sky Box situated far away in another part of the house. The EyeTv software is excellent, btw.

I know the EyeTV software is good, i currently watch Freeview on it using TVMini. What hardware do you use?

The Doctor

I use the EyeTv 200 with a Mac Pro 2.66 2 Dual Core Intel (4 GB RAM, 2 x 500 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 2 x superdrive, Powerwave soundcard), 23' Apple Cinema display.

ooo and i presume the 250 is the newer one ... So i can use a convertor along the way to work with the S-Video right?

correct. have you by chance downloaded the manual for the 250 and read it? it may answer several of your questions, and clear things up for you. thats what i did, and thats what sold me on the 250.

Sorry took so long to reply, Was doing things.

Ok, I really need plain clear instructions What do I need to watch Sky on my Macintosh in a good Quailty? Thanks

The Doctor

I refer you back to the beginning of this thread. Read it all again. You'll need an EyeTV 200 or EyeTV250 plus the necessary cables to connect it to your Sky Digibox. Scart to phono or S-Video cable.

it would help if you could either link to a site that lists all the output ports and/or interfaces on the skybox, or take a picture and post it. then i could give you links to the kinds of things you need. but if it has s-video, rca yellow-red-white, or antenna out, then it can be plugged into the eyetv 250, and the software that comes with the 250 will display it on your screen.

*****the 250 has all the same inputs on it as a tv does, so basically, how ever you plug the thing into your tv is how you will plug it into the 250, and the 250 plugs into your mac via usb2.*****

well, the red/white rcas are the audio, and can be plugged into the breakout cable. now, is that s-video next to the tv scart? its too little for me to tell. if so, that that goes to the breakout cable as well. if not, then if that is an antenna out port to the left of the red/white rcas, then that is the only thing you need to connect to the 250.

Thank You SO much for your help guys, but I recently got a cheap Deal on a BIG TV and thought, that would show off more :) Also I know the Quality will be high as well.

The Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back