Sleep causes shutdown

coondog

Registered
iMac G5 running 10.3.9. Whenever I try to use sleep mode, the computer goes to sleep for a brief period, then shuts down. I have had the problem for a while and avidly tried to search for an answer a while back with no success. However, this forum just solved my sound problem, so maybe I'll get lucky. Any ideas?

I have already taken advantage of the recall. This problem didn't occur until after it was fixed. Does the attachment of an external harddrive automatically null the sleep option? Does Mac not have a fix for this. I have an external hard drive, and a USB wireless mouse attached. Since I am unwilling to part with either, am I stuck without being able to put my Mac to sleep?

I have already taken advantage of the recall. This problem didn't occur until after it was fixed. ...

Seems like you need another try at the recall. Your power supply may not be working properly.

Also, the USB wireless mouse, or the external hard drive may be causing this issue. Try disconnecting your hard drive or the USB adapter for the mouse. (you'll need a wired mouse for this), then check if sleeping works properly without shutdown. Then swap and try disconnecting the other device. Perhaps one of those is the cause.

Back