sleep crash in Jag?

scaryfish

Registered
This is weird: If my iBook is asleep and plugin or unplug my USB mouse or floppy drive, it wakes up and shows this white box saying "Your computer needs to be restarted" in all sorts of languages, and saying I should press the restart button or hold down the power button for a few seconds.

It never did this before Jaguar. Any ideas why it does this now?

Ditto on my TiBook.

This has only started hapopening in the last couple of days so I am trying to think what updates have been installed... most recently a security update.

The screensaver is on, then I heard the sound that I have that tells me iChat has been disconnected (Monty Python "Run Away!!" :D ). I touch the mouse pad and the screen saver clears but as I move the pointer up to my buddy list to change the status to ONLINE, the screen gets darker and the same message comes up including my network MAC and IP address, but it doesn't tell me why it needs to be restarted....

:confused:

This has happened to me three or four times, starting very soon after I upgraded to 10.2. Quite irksome. As much as I love everything else about it, 10.2 now qualifies as "somewhat crashy" in my mind.

This is a Powerbook 800. Sleeping always involves changing usb/display/network/power/audio connectors for me, so I don't know whether any of these are related.

that is what you just had. I have had it but only when working on the network. But I do have something far weirder. Sometimes when I wake from sleep my computer's mouse on my TiBook 800 starts moving a lot faster than I have it set to move. So if I go to system prefs and click on the mouse icon my computer freezes everytime. It is really weird. If any of you have had anything like that happen let me know.

Back