sleep problems

Foxman26

Registered
Ok, I have a Pismo powerbook with 18gig hd and 256 mb of ram. I am running jag 10.2.4 and even since I installed jaguar my computer will not sleep. I can tell it to sleep in under apple menu or make it sleep by closing the screen down. But it will not sleep otherwise. I set the settings to have it sleep after so long of me not using it and it does not. I even set the sleep time to one minute and then quit everything that was running on my system and left my computer alone, it never went to sleep. I know it used to go to sleep when i had 10.1.x. The hard drive also does not spin down, ever. It used to in 10.1.x but it has not since I installed jaguar.

I would like my pismo to be able to sleep again, and the hard drive to spin down when not in use its important considering i use battery power frequently and like to conserve it. If anyone can help with this problem or knows anything that I can do I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
~Matt

Go to the System Preferences(light switch)>Energy Saver. Now click on the options tab. Uncheck all the boxes there. See if that corrects things.

I suggest you get Drive 10 and run it. Let it fix all the problems it might find.

Did you try trashing the system preferences? Go to your home folder>Libaray>Preferences. locate the com.apple.systempreferences.plist
and drag that to the trash. Empty the trash and restart the computer. Now go to the system preferences and reset your options.

If that fails you could try resetting the PRAM. Command(apple) + option + P + R held down at restart.

Back