Sleepin' whole night

Not unless you have it in your bedroom and pulsing blue lights wake you up! :D

Putting your mac to sleep is probably the best thing to do. It's faster, things cached in memory get to stay cached, and you get slightly less wear and tear on your hardrive ;). If energy consumption is an issue, however, you might want to think twice. I measured my old PowerMac G4 Dual 450 once and was surprised at how much energy it took while asleep. Not a ton but more than I thought. I almost never shutdown since OS X though.

I never let my Mac even sleep (just screen power off) as it's my home Network server and it's always doing something...

Plus the pulsating white lights (on the tower and monitor) are annoying and sometimes would keep me awake! heh :p

Mine sleeps all night every night too. Weird things is after a while it's battry is at 98% then 97% and so on. It's weird because it's a powerbook and it's never unpluged so how it goes down i have no idea.

Funny Weird

Twister

Yes, maintainance tasks are run at 3:45AM. I never shut mine down, or sleep the hard drive, only the monitors, which is what uses the killowatts.

Originally posted by AppleWatcher
ehhh so it becomes 0%??

:D

I've never had it drop below 90% while pluged in. But once it goes down it never goes back up unless i unplug it and let it drain down to 2%

Twister

I didn't know that, I put mine to sleep unless I'm up and too lazy toseperate myself from my distraction to put it to sleep. I noticed my fan sounds weird until it gets going a few minutes afetr waking in the morning. My fan is too loud to leave on at night, not loud, but you know it's there. Whats with that spin down hard drive option? I don't like the way that sounds when I try to access something after it spins down.

Back