Sleeping Problems

daviphil

Registered
I've got a G5 Power PC, 2.5GHz 1.5Gb RAM running OSX 10.3.9. When the computer enters sleep it fails to wake from sleep and has to be powered off manually. Originally when the machine went to sleep the optical mouse lost power, I ran the software update and now the mouse maintains power but cannot wake the PC. I have tried connecting Keyboard and mouse directly to the PC (Currently hubbed via the Cinema Display), but still no response from sleep. I've also tried plugging the mouse directly into the PC whilst it's in sleep mode to see if it will wake up - nothing.

I've run a repair disk permissions, although not in single user mode. I've reseated memory DIMMS and reset the PMU. Still no change.

When I manually put the machine to sleep it will never waken, also the internal fans start to increase in speed after a few minutes until the case sounds ready for take-off.

I've also changed Sleep settings to sleep after a minute. In this state I can wake the machine up in the first minute or so, but then after that it becomes non-responsive and the fans increase in speed.

I've run a repair disk from the startup CD, which said No repairs were necessary.After restarting I'm still getting the same issues.

Back