Slot Loading iMac Modem?

AxsDeny

Registered
So I'm trying to create an answering machine style machine out of my old slot loading iMac DV. It has the integrated modem, but I'm not sure if it is a datamodem AND a voicemodem. Does anyone know the specs on the 400Mhz iMac DV (1999) internal modem?

Yes, it will work just fine... however just buy a $5.00 answering machine at walmart and you'll probably save 20 dollars a year on electricity.

mi5moav said:
Yes, it will work just fine... however just buy a $5.00 answering machine at walmart and you'll probably save 20 dollars a year on electricity.

Do you have any documentation or specification URLs to verifiy this info? I don't want to go to the trouble of writing parts of this application if it isn't going to work. :p

Also... a five dollar answering machine won't have multiple mailboxes, mp3 my messages, email or IM me when a message is left, and post the message to an internal webserver. ;)

I'm looking at OS X solutions. My current focus is VOCP. From my initial research, all of this should work just fine based on on vgetty and a perl installation.

Are there any other OS X native voicemail style apps out there?

A quick search at macupdate.com found QuickVoice X

You might have a better result if you go to versiontracker.com

Back