Slow network from client to server

sanderstar

Registered
Hi everybody..

I have a couple of clients running Panther. My Server is running 10.2.x (latest).

Everything is running on a Gigaswitch from Asante. It have been running great until reasently.

When i Copy from server to my client there's no problem with the speed but when I copy from client to server it's sooooo slow. (100mb = 10 min)

I suspect the latest os 10.2.x securityupdate to be the sinner.. can anybody confirm this or help me to solve the problem..

When i transfer from one server disc to another using my server there's no problems. But when i transfer from one server disc to another with one of my Panthers there's also a problem..

Weird

Yes,

I had similar performance issues on a client's network, which now in hindsight, reveals itself to have occured AFTER the 2003-12-19 Security updates. Pushing files seems to be the most noticeble, pulling files seems to be fine.

We Downgraded to 10.2.6 on 1 G4 and Upgraded to Panther on the Al Powerbook, and all is well now.

Hope that the new 2004-01-26 "Security Update" "fixes" this issue for those running 10.2.x

Cannot move to 10.3 on the G4 because Fuji has no drivers :-[ for the Pictrography Printer for Panther.

I think I'm going to try the 30 day rule, New Software hits the floor, don't install till after 30 days with researching this forum as well as macfixit.com.

Hope this helps,
Frank

sanderstar said:
Hi everybody..

I have a couple of clients running Panther. My Server is running 10.2.x (latest).

Everything is running on a Gigaswitch from Asante. It have been running great until reasently.

When i Copy from server to my client there's no problem with the speed but when I copy from client to server it's sooooo slow. (100mb = 10 min)

I suspect the latest os 10.2.x securityupdate to be the sinner.. can anybody confirm this or help me to solve the problem..

When i transfer from one server disc to another using my server there's no problems. But when i transfer from one server disc to another with one of my Panthers there's also a problem..

Weird
:mad: :mad:

I too have been experiencing the same type of problem. Performance from server GREAT. Performance to server LOUSY See my post dated 2/12/04

QUOTE=sanderstar]Hi everybody..

Weird[/QUOTE]

Back