-More View options
-Mount ftp servers directly in Finder
-Improved Sound preferences
-Font management
- Animated Desktop picture
-Speech recognition additions

ok, now I'm REALLY getting excited
:cool: :cool:

mounting ftp servers on the desktop is wonderful, it works just as it should. they act just like regular volumes, you can even open files directly from them transparently.

Drag a file/folder into another folder. The source folder animates as though it's opening up to receive the new file. I have no idea how you can create your own or do other types of animations. That's the only onw I've seen so far, are there others?

I beleive this was going to be like the old Kinecticon (I think that's how they spelled it) Icons that were animated.

yeah, that's what I also thought. I think most of the features made it, they were just kind of worded differently and we misunderstood them...

Ya, I was really looking forward to animated icons and desktop pictures, but I guess I'll have to wait.

I hear the next version will brew coffee, shine shoes and change diapers. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Animated folder icons are boring. I don't even notice them. :sigh:
But all in all there are some really sweet features in 10.2. I love the zoom feature! I play with it all of the time! Also the faster Classic startup is amazing! I can actually USE classic now without wasting hours for it to boot up! :D

OH!!! I didn't eben notice that the folder icons are animated. I thought we were gonna have fully animated icons (like the old kinecticon). Basically animated GIF's for icons.

My Classic launches MUCH faster too.

Trip—

What is the zoom feature?? I must have missed that one too!

apple.com/macosx/ and click on "more features" under all the other stuff like rendezvous and finder and mail and Unix.

Zoom Feature: Go into your System Preferences and click on "Universal Access" then click under the tab "Seeing". Finally click the huge button entitled "Turn On Zoom".

Look at the control keys to control the zoom and have fun messing around. It's lotsa fun...especially while in games like WC3 and THPS2. :) Just make sure that if you mess with it in games you're computer is the type of machine that can handle stuff like that. ;)

Originally posted by twister
how do you mount an FTP server?

Type Command-K or choose "Connect to Server..." from the Go menu in the Finder.

Enter an FTP URL in the "Address:" line like this:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/

Currently there are problems writing to volumes mounted this way... and supposedly they'll be fixed soon.

Originally posted by zerologic

Type Command-K or choose "Connect to Server..." from the Go menu in the Finder.

Enter an FTP URL in the "Address:" line like this:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/

Currently there are problems writing to volumes mounted this way... and supposedly they'll be fixed soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't they say that Copland was gonna have like Spring loaded folders, and all that rot? *l* Wonder what else they're gonna add? Mac OS X "Copland" - 10.3! :D

I just found out two new features, one gimmicky but the other one very cool...

Gimmicky One
The scale effect that you see when you open folders can be slowed down (like the dock effect) by having the shift key pressed when you double-click on a folder.

Cool One
Press the option key after you control-click on a file (when the pop-up menu is visible). You'll the the Open With menu item change to Always Open With. Selecting this will update the app associated with the selected file's extension and also open the file in that app - very cool!

I must be doing something wrong because I cant get any FTP server to mount on my desktop, let alone connect to one.

Back