Smartdisk VST CD-RW on TiBOOK takes forever to burn and won't eject afterwards. help!

ms_kle

Registered
:(
I received a free Smartdisk VST firewire CD-RW drive with the purchase of my Titanium Powerbook G4, but it doesn't work correctly... When i go to burn a disk, it takes forever to write the data (even just a few hundred K) and when the "Burning Disk Status bar" goes away, it doesn't eject my disk. :(

can somebody help? Thanks!

There are a few things you forgot to mention. What OS are you using? What program are you using to burn?

While some people do like the Disk burn program that Apple has included, the one that is two steps better is Roxio's Toast Titanium. And it can run on OS X :p

oops, sorry.... I'm runnig MAC OSX v.10.1.5 on my powerbook G4. I'm burning directly from the finder, not with any other programs. I'm frustrated because i have to manually eject the disk with a paperclip after i burn a disk. thanks in advance for your help!

Can I assume that you have faollowed the correct steps to burn the cd? Once the CD is done, That is the burning progress bar disappears, does the cd icon still show up on your desktop? If yes, then click once on it, and hit the apple and E keys.

Once you have ejected the cd with the paperclip, can you insert the cd, and be able to view the files you burned?

I have noticed on my VST CD drive that the open button does stick. But it could be that I am not pusing in the button correctly.

The VST drive is made by SmarkDisk. Tier web site is:
http://www.smartdisk.com/products_Expan.asp
(it is called an expansion bay)

I chceck out the FAQ, but your problem is not listed, so I suggest you go to this web site:
http://www.smartdisk.com/SupportStorage.asp
and click on the email icon, then tell them what the problem is. You must explain exactly what you do(burn from the finder), what OS you are using and what model powerbook you have.

They should answer you within 24-48 hours.

I'm having the exact same problem on a blue and white G3 running 10.2.6. I use a QPS QueFire 12/10/32x firewire drive. It takes hours to go through the burn process, and then I have to eject the disc manually as well. There is usually no usable data on it. Any thoughts?

My suggestion is to use Toast by Roxio rather than the Disc burner in the OS. I have never had trouble with any of the CDs I have burned using Toast.

Back