Snapscan E50 not operating in OS X 10.3.9

aidren

Registered
Hello,

I have been busy upgrading softwares and things on my old G3 400mhz. I am running Panther. While things have been going quite well I have run into a major snag. My snapscan E50 will not run...I also cannot get my Classic Environment to run either (that doesn't surprise me though, as it was a bad idea from the start and I want to lose it, hence all the upgrading). I am using the most recent driver produced for the scanner. Agfa will not be producing anymore and their specs indicate that it is compatible through 10.3. I did notice that my plugin icons for the scanner picked up the plugin icon graphics of Photoshop 8 when I loaded that app. But now, when I start the Scanner application it doesn't seem to recognize the scanner, asks me to start it, and then crashes. The scanner connection is recognized by the system profiler but not by the application. I would really prefer not to have to buy another scanner so thought I would present the problem here. The techs have helped me out before . . . and it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Aidren

Easiest solution is to go online and buy VueScan. Do a search for VueScan.
I just checked and it does indeed support your scanner. It costs about 50 dollars/euros.
If you dont want to pay this, there's a more complicated free option. Search for Twain-Sane interface for mac OSX. This takes a bit of setting up and may not work for you. I recommend the VueScan.

JB.

Back