Snax

rkadowns

Registered
Okay people. I was browsing around MacFixIT and found a link http://www.cocoatech.com/ and was wondering if any of you have used the newest version of this software (SNAX) and if so, what were your thoughts? Is it worth a try as software that may be good for some and not for others or should one steer clear? I'm a fan of NeXTStart on the PC and love to try different methods to operate computers and this one Cocoa program has me interested.

Also, what is the best utility to defrag a 10.1.1 HD?

Thanks

I have been a registered user since Snax 1.3.1 and must say that this is the first version that i am using regularly. Before it was a bit too sluggish feeling and i would only use it to do the functions that the Finder didn't offer but now I am using it in lieu of the finder. The only compalint I have have right now is i wish the column rows were not alternating color between blue and white. It really is shaping up nicely with each new incarnation.

I've bene usin the past 3 versions of SNAX of and on. I'd go install it real quick and give it a try. It doesn't actually put components anywhere so if you odn't like it you can just drag the .app to the trash.

Basically SNAX sets out to be a Finder replacement. Yeah it's not bad, but it's rather slow. However it has a lot of little tweaks and features that the Finder would definitely benefit from. I'd actually switch over ot SNAX permanatly if it had a large icon view and if they sped it up a bit. But it's updated fairly frequently and gets better with each version.

I really like it. The only reason I've not replaced my Finder with it is the lack of networking support, and the speed issue. But it's getting better with every (regular) update....

Back