Snyc IPhone

hawki18

Registered
I did a fresh install of OSX 10.5 on my IMac and restored by music from dvd. When I hook up my IPhone I get no response from Itunes to snyc up music or any other data, just wondering what I can do?

I have the same problem today. I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5 during the week, this is the first time I've hooked up the iPhone to it, its charging but won't sync or even appear in iTunes. I haven't disabled automatic synching, I have restarted the iPhone and the computer and switched USB ports.
Its a brand new phone this week, I had it replaced at the store (turns out it was only the headphones but they replaced the whole phone first and I had to go back and get replacement headphones), I restored it from backup on this computer (MacBook) on Wednesday and bought and installed 10.5 on Thursday. The backups are still in the iTunes synching preferences. It appears on my Mac Pro at work (I don't sync it there, just charge it on that computer, but it appears in iTunes on that, and thats 10.4).

Worst case: Hold down both hardware buttons for about 50 seconds until the cable and iTunes logo appears. Whatever happens inbetween, ignore. Now you're in diagnostic mode. You can now erase/restore the iPhone, but of course changes made to it since the last sync will be lost.

Thanks... I'm not worried about losing any changes, but if its not picking up the phone now and and doesn't after I've erased, then the phone doesn't work either. I've already been to the apple store twice this week.... If it shows up in iTunes on my 10.4 Mac Pro at work in the morning then I think we'll know its a 10.5 issue and I'll email apple support.

Back