so does windows sharing and Finder FTP work in X.2?

solrac

Mac Ninja
I sent feedback about this to Apple on the feedback page.

1) In the Finder, under Go... Connect to Server, you can now specify an FTP address. When I put in my FTP server, I get a box asking for username and password. After I enter that, nothing happens. Some people reported the spinning aqua ball of death forever, but I get nothing at all. No crash, no error. Just like nothing ever happened.

2) In System Preferences, under network, you can now check a box for Windows Sharing. This works because I now have a PC right next to my mac (on the same network), and Windows sees my mac inside its "Workgroup" (My Network Places). But when I click on it, and put in my username and password, It keeps saying incorrect password. I read reports about changing your user password on the mac, then changing it back, and that would fix the problem. I tried that though and it's always the wrong password for Windows.

Anyone else able to make these two features work?

1) No hang problem for me for the Finder ftp function. My only complaint is that you can only "get", but not "put" on this thing.

2)When you initiate a smb connection from Jaguar to a Windows box, the username and password are the ones that you use to log in into Windows, not your OS X password, and vice versa.

I can't login to my Mac using XP either.

If I put in just my username and password in the login box on the PC it comes back saying incorrect username/password.

It wants something like host\user for the username, but even if I put in the name of my Mac like Mac\username it still doesn't work.

Attachments

• xp.jpg
    xp.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 19
Back