So far I love my Techtool Pro 4

edX

mac shaman
well, it finally got here last week and i have used it to run tests and to repair my directories and defrag my boot disk. i must say i'm impressed. the drive runs quieter and smoother than it has in over a year and i regularly did these tasks with the classic versions of diskwarrior and plus optimizer. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone for these jobs. it's pretty fast and easy to use. it runs great off the boot disk but tends to hog memory and cpu when run in the background for external disk repairs. still i was able to continue doing everything i normally do. and it has all sorts of things i still haven't figured out yet. i wish the manual was a paper one as i find the pdf version to be harder to use to look up specific questions i have. i also wish i had the newest diskwarrior to compare it against.

so now that's it's not vaporware anymore, i'm happy to say i already love what it has done for my system. i only wish it hadn't taken them so dam long.

How much was it again? I've always been a TTP guy, and since we have almost the same computer I imagine it would work wonders for me as well.

It's good to see someone happy with their disk utility application for osx. There has been this massive void (IMHO) with no clear-cut disk utility to buy since osx came out.

I think this void is perpetuated - for me - by the fact that I don't tend to think about disk maintenance as frequently as I should.

There's a solution to the PDF-manual problem you're mentioning. It's called a 'printer'. Such a device can actually put things you see on your monitor on 'paper' (sold separately). ;-)

lmfao...I just went out and got techtool pro 4....it took about 2 hours to do all the file system check and defragmentation...but it seemes to work flawlessy...I think i'll probably end up using it a few times a year..but eh, it was worth it in my opinion :)

And Fryke, What the hell is a printer? :confused:

fryke said:
There's a solution to the PDF-manual problem you're mentioning. It's called a 'printer'. Such a device can actually put things you see on your monitor on 'paper' (sold separately). ;-)
Printing out that many pages of manual for all the programs that a typical user may have can get expensive. And it'll take forever if all you have is an ink jet; hell, it'll take forever either way.

Back