So how many songs are being sold on iTunes windows?

I use a Mac at home and have bought about a dozen albums so far.

This morning I bought an album from my work (PC). Not really because I wanted to do it on Windows but I didn't know this album was out yet and I needed instant gratification.

And it's GREAT that I can either just listen to it at home on my Mac (that's 2 out of 3 allowed computers) or just burn it from either one and use it unlimited!

No, I think the question was "How many songs have been sold so far to Windows users"? How many per day? He's looking for a rate, not number of available songs.

I'm sure we'll hear very soon. I think we can look forward to Apple press releases about milestones, like "1 million songs in the first 24 hours of iTunes on Windows!" or "10 million songs in the first week on Windows!" :D

What a friggin' disaster.

The album I bought was NOT available to me via my Mac at home. Today was the first time I had any other computer using iTunes.

My iTues account even said that I had "2 of 3" computers authorized.

But, however many times I tried to "refresh my purchases" it said I had no more.

When I tried to re-purchase via the iTunes store, however, it DID recognize that I had bought them before and did I really want to 'buy' them again.

Like an idiot (I admit) I said Yes.

Soon after I had purchased said album THREE times.

Of course there is NO number to contact for help. I waited and waited and waited for regular APPLE tech support. Once I said "Music Store" the kind gentleman gave me another number to call in the morning...which I shall be sure to do.

Meanwhile I cannot access the music that I LEGALLY purchased hours ago......

cwoody222,
You only get the music files on the computer you bought the music with. It's your responsibility to transfer the files to your home computer. You don't get to download from the Apple servers for each authorized computer.

hellatoms is right,
you are AUTHORIZED to play said music on any of your computers - but YOU have to transport between them.

Altho I know what you mean - I was surprised when music I had previously purchased on my Mac didn't automatically appear on my PC.
Took me half a second to realize it wasn't going to happen that way, so I brought them with me next time I was at the PC - it asked for my password and they started playing.

Hopefully you can get the multiple-purchases of the same titles refunded. If the number they gave you can't - try your bank.

cwoody:

email itunes technical support and explain what happened. they are really nice and sorted out my authorization problem easy easy =)

Well that sucks :( But thanks for the explaination. I thought I'd be able to DOWNLOAD to 3 computers.

Oh well, guess I'll have to burn a CD and then re-import them as MP3. Meaning they'd never even be able to track HOW many people/computers I uploaded to.

Sounds silly to me but oh well.

Yeah, I did too. Kind of - sort of a bummer but no big deal.

Burn the CD as Data (in iTunes - check preferences), then on the other computer drag the files from the CD into iTunes.

Originally posted by cwoody222
Oh well, guess I'll have to burn a CD and then re-import them as MP3. Meaning they'd never even be able to track HOW many people/computers I uploaded to.

No, you can still copy the files to as many computers as you want, and play them on any authorized computer (you only get up to 3 at a time that can be authorized). No need to do what you're suggesting unless you need to play the files outside of iTunes/iPod, or on more than 3 computers. It sounds like you only HAVE 3 computers.

it makes sense that you can only download purchased music once from apple. bandwidth costs them money...they could theoretically lose money on songs if they allowed people to download the same song over and over.

How do they expect you to move the files to 2 other computers? Burning the files to CD or even moving them with iDisk seems just as easy as burning them to an audio CD and then ripping it.

Actually if I do it that way then I get a copy on CD to play in my car or something.

Seems they wouldn't want to encourage that since it's less secure.

cuz burning and re-ripping lowers the audio quality.

Burn as a Data CD and you won't lose quality - cuz it's a file.

You'd think Apple would have posted something about that, that you can only download the songs you buy once and have to transfer them yourselves... perhaps you didn't read their agreements as carefully as you should have?

Originally posted by Sogni
cuz burning and re-ripping lowers the audio quality.

Burn as a Data CD and you won't lose quality - cuz it's a file.

Aside from lowering the quality, if you have a lot of files you need to transfer, you'll get much more files with one CD-R, if you burn as data. (3 MB per song compared to 30 - 50 MB per song when burned as a CD audio)

Back