So how many songs are being sold on iTunes windows?

Originally posted by Cat
...Apple press releases about milestones, like "1 million songs in the first 24 hours of iTunes on Windows!" or "10 million songs in the first week on Windows!" :D

They should have a * and a fine print associated with that saying "*Apple will not be liable to OS crashing while downloading/purchasing song(s) - especially Windows."

Bummer

Got something!....

From MacNN.com:

Over 1 million iTunes for Windows downloaded
Apple today announced that more than one million copies of its iTunes for Windows digital jukebox software have been download in the 3.5 days since its launch last Thursday, and over one million songs have been purchased and downloaded by iTunes users in the same period: "iTunes users have purchased over one million songs in the first three and a half days since our launch last Thursday, which compares with one million songs in the first seven days when we introduced the original iTunes for Mac users last April," said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. "We're off to a great start, and our competition isn't even out of the starting gates yet."

so has any other music service sold a million songs yet? im not sure what else is actually launched and out there yet...

dang, that's a lot of downloads--both iTunes and songs!

I'm a machead but my bothers not. I sent him a $10 gift certificate, and now he wants to get a 12inch powerbook.

Sorry, I started a new thread with the answer... I think it's worth it !

Originally posted by Ripcord
How do you usually move files between two computers?

I usually don't have need to move 50+ mb of data.

And it just seemed silly to burn to CD (as audio, not data) since they'd lose the tracking then. Plus I didn't have any blank CDs handy.

I ended up transferring the files via iDisk but due to the size I had to do each song individually since my PC kept freezing on me.

Originally posted by boi
cwoody:

email itunes technical support and explain what happened. they are really nice and sorted out my authorization problem easy easy =)

Tech support told me within hours that I was unable to download multiple times.

So I emailed customer service for a refund Sat. morning. Monday evening I hadn't heard back yet.

So I emailed cust. serv. again Tues. morning. Within hours I had the reply telling me that it's against their Terms of Service to offer refunds. Period.

That just sucks :( I made an honest mistake. Plus I never even downloaded the songs I bought by mistake. I purposely left them undownloaded once I realized what I did.

I'm going to email the band (who is from nearby my hometown and who I've enjoyed for over a decade) to tell them about this practice.

I'm also going to put the tracks up for download for 6 of my friends (3 computers x 2 extra purchases) so they don't go to waste.

Sorry for asking this, but what exactly do you expect the band to do? They don't control the way Apple manages the Store.

Who knows, maybe they'll feel bad that I got screwed and send me a $20 tee-shirt or something.

It's their CD I wanted so bad that I screwed up, I only think it's fair that they know how the Apple store is doing business with their fans.

If I was the band I'd want to KNOW, even if I couldn't DO anything.

Back