So I got Broadband....

Vard

Looking for progress
So I got Broadband yesterday....now what?

Anyone wanna offer up some good tools for monitoring and optimzing my connection?

Not really interested in P2P, but if there is something better than Limewire out there I'll take suggestions.

Just really looking to get the most out of this new setup. Any good highbandwidth sites out there that would be fun to check out?

Just wondering....

Aquisiton does not have as many songs as LimeWire and the search is so S.....L................ooo.........wwww.

go limewire

Thanks for the replies....

I have acquisition too, but I have never been able to find or get anything with it.

Guess I'll just live with Limewire....glad I don't really use it too much.

So what else is there to do with the highspeed net?

R there any freeware programs out there that I can use to optimize my connection? I am seriously new to both broadband and Mac....but loving it so far.

Aquisiton works best off the desktop. I put the folder or actuall app on my desktop. I'll start it up, give it a few minutes to connect to 20 servers and then search away. I find everything i need. I tried limewire the other day and i could only connect to 6 servers and it was so slow.

Ohh well. What ever your happy with.

Twister

What about xNap... I read about it in other areas of this site... Haven't had the chance to try it yet, though...

No Way!, Java DC is he vest in the world , I always download in full speed there . Java DC is a Mac "JAVA" copy of peecees Direc Connect app, the good thing here is that you don't have to share anything :D.

You will probally find every movie you search for and songs too!, just connect to many hubs (servers). And you're free to go, If any problems with finding or downloading email me.

If it is not downloading and gets in the incomplete list toggle to thatlist and right click on your incomplete donwoad and press "RESUME" and hopefully it will download, just check before you DL if it has some open slots.

Back