so i wonder what will happen to the iTrip now?

wtmcgee

Registered
now that the new iPods are out, i wonder if the iTrip will see a redesign - although they JUST came out. the current look matches the older iPods, so the firewire port is obviously obsolete.

i was excited about this product, but now i'm not sure what to buy so that i can take my music with me when i drive.

Well, teh current iTrip uses the audio-out port, and appears to use the FireWire port.... for power, I assume?

The new iPod uses the bottom proprietary port now... they're going to have to work close with Apple to make a new iTrip that gets sound out of the bottom, as well as power.

sucks for them... they just came out recently
Well, there have been other FM transmitters that have been out for a few months now, so if the iTrip was slow getting out, it missed out on some sales. But the old iPods are far from obsolete, so I'm sure there's some market for them. And I would think a company would enquire about potential design changes and be ready for it when the time comes. I just hope this doesn't mean a delay in the iFM, unless other companies beat them to the punch on this as well.

I ordered a iTrip and my new 30GIG iPod at the same time only later learning that it has different connectors at the top. so i called griffin to cancel my order and the guy said they were working on a iTrip for the new iPod with the same design as the old one so i just swiched my order from the old to the new iTrip.:) he mentioned that they had tested it over the weekend and the guy said it worked pretty well. :D

Originally posted by frog_always
I ordered a iTrip and my new 30GIG iPod at the same time only later learning that it has different connectors at the top. so i called griffin to cancel my order and the guy said they were working on a iTrip for the new iPod with the same design as the old one so i just swiched my order from the old to the new iTrip.:) he mentioned that they had tested it over the weekend and the guy said it worked pretty well. :D

I wonder how long it will take them to release it. They better do it before another version of the iPod comes out! :cool:

Back