So much for new iMac

mi5moav

Registered
Last Sunday as soon as the imac delivery dates went from 1 day to 5-7 business days I ordered mine. I thought well I'll be one of the first to get the new imac. Well, I just received my order about an hour ago. Guess what? 9 days after I ordered it I got it. Nothing new except that 10.4 is now included in the box. They couldn't even install it for me!!! Oh, well I guess that teaches me to never believe unless you see it with your own eyes. Plus now that I ordered it unless the new imacs come out today I'm screwed because after 10 days Apple won't exchange or give me a break on the price.

I am pretty sure you get what you select in the store. For example, If you ordered a 2.5 GHz PowerMac on sunday and the 2.7 was released on monday, your mac ships on tuesday you would still get the 2.5. Unless maybe they don't have any available any more.

Sorry to hear that :(

This happened to a friend a couple of weeks back. He brought a dual 2.5 Ghz G5 and the 2.7's were announced the following week. He's just going to keep the dual 2.5.

Forgive me, I am extremely tired, so I bet my following comment will be no help at all.

http://www.apple.com/support/store/postpurchase.html

Price protection
If Apple reduces the price on any product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you can request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment. To request a refund, just fill out the form below.

Upgrade protection
We will fulfill your order with the most current version available at shipment time. If the current version changes between the time you place your order and we ship it, you will be asked via email to confirm your order. If you have a question about upgrade protection for an item in your order, please fill out the form below.

Check it out guys on the main Apple site new iMacs running a 2ghz! Dual layer DVDs built in Airport & Bluetooth etc etc.

Back