So much for SoundJam

sfish

Fark Lover
According to osx.macnn.com:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[forwarded from C&G] "Sound Jam MP development for OS X has stopped. Sound Jam running on OS X causes major problems and crippled the system's resources. OS X development will not continue."
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Not sure how I feel about this one. I bought SJ a while back, but it's been languishing lately because of iTunes.

I still waiting for someone (anyone) to come out with a good, solid, full-featured MP3/CD/CDDB package for Mac OS X.

I guess we can either hope that iTunes gets some more features (seems likely), or wait for more software to come out. Personally I never cared for soundjam. It crashed whenever I tried to load a playlist.

I thought Apple bought SoundJam and reworked it into iTools? Hired the programmer from C+G and all, so why would C+G continue to update it?

PErsonally I use MacAst lite to play my MP3s. It has a small footprint on the screen so the music is ther but the player is outta sight till you need it ;) (and no, no "hide application" is necessary :) ) I hope they upgrade it to OS X sometime soon ;)

I agree with endian. I thought that iTunes was basically reworked from Soundjam and they got the programmer from C+G...?

Why would C+G contniue development of Soundjam for OSX if Apple is paying them for iTunes...? and stole their programmer?

My understanding is that they were both using the same programmer, but that this person wasn't necessarily an employee of C&G. Dunno.

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
PErsonally I use MacAst lite to play my MP3s. It has a small footprint on the screen so the music is ther but the player is outta sight till you need it ;) (and no, no "hide application" is necessary :) ) I hope they upgrade it to OS X sometime soon ;)

I used Macast and Macast Lite and would use them again if they would just release carbon versions. They claim that Lite is around 98 or 99% Carbon compliant but Carbon has changed since then so who knows.

Back