So the Dual G5s are shipping...

My customized dual G5 came on Friday 9/19---ordered on July 2 with 1GB o' RAM. I thought I was overbuying (and I was!), and that I really should have just bought the best iMac and saved myself a small fortune. Now I'm of the opinion that I like having a PC that does everything faster than you can blink. Life is short. Why wait?

Happy to report that the G5 will be delivered this afternoon. I saw the photos of Virginia Techs cluster yesterday. Wow... I will post a post script after it is unboxed and booted.

Have a good day.

David

I couldn't even imagine using a G5, after using my G3 for so long. I'm only going for the 1.8, but I can't wait till I get it :D

Originally posted by dlarmour
Happy to report that the G5 will be delivered this afternoon. I saw the photos of Virginia Techs cluster yesterday. Wow... I will post a post script after it is unboxed and booted.

Have a good day.

David

what was your order date / system config? I got the 250GB drive and I think thats whats holding it up. :mad:

Hi

My order date was 9/4 (education order). The configuration is:

Dual 2 Ghz
512 RAM
160 GB Hard drive
9800 ATI Card
No Modem
Combo drive instead of the super drive.

That's it.

David

Hi

Just a quick note. Five minutes from box to Internet. This note is coming from the G5. First impressions: heavy, beautiful, and works!!!!! Ships witha funny little cable that looks like an ethernet cable, but it doesn't plug in there. Who knows. I found another ethernet cable that works.

Awesome.

David

Yeah, it should be an RJ-11 cable—standard phone cable. It's for your dialup modem; if you don't have or use one, hey—extra phone cord! :)

Back