Social Networking Script for a new site?

esperanza

Registered
Hi,

I'd like to find a trustworthy social networking with member profile + image gallery, and friend database (similar to friendster or myspace but of course on a more modest scale) - that I can modify easily, with little experience to suit my needs.

I have very little website experience, and most of the scripts I've been directed to (from HotScripts) are geared more towards dating, and list no user reviews.

Any tips for a good (and hopefully Free) script that you can recommend?

A Wiki could be used, if the members are trustworthy. Some forum packages will allow profiles, and image galleries.

Google is your friend when looking for that perfect script. Only you will know what the perfect script is when you find it. Even Hotscripts can sometimes require multiple searches using different keywords to find exactly what your looking for, as your keywords your thinking of may not be what others define what you want.

As Eric says, you can typically find these type of additions to phpBB and vBulletin forum scripts, sometimes at not additional cost. vBulletin.org is popular for mods and additions to vBulletin and I am sure something similar for phpBB exists as well.

All that said, I don't know of anything off the top of my head that would meet your needs.

Back