Software provoked Display problem

djp_phillips

Registered
I have a problem with the shadow effect, only just now has the nice gradient effect gone from my top bar and windows open, now I have seems like 3 lines from dark to not so dark almost as if my screen isn't on millions of colors but a lot less.
I have a screen photo for you if needed, actually I will do a jpg showing the lack of quality of my screen here: http://www.herpfrance.com/screen.jpg

It would appear to be a software problem as when I inserted and started the computer up from the Diskwarrior disk the shadows were fine, however after "disk repair" all was still the same, I am now thinking of re-installing my computer from scratch.

I named this post Software provoked Display problem because it's apparently not a hardware problem due to the correct display when starting up from the diskwarrior

You *did* check the display preference pane and that it's set to millions of colours, right? (Just checking, because it wasn't specifically mentioned...)

Yes sorry everything is as it was before this problem i am on millions of colors and resolution 1440 x 900

You can see what I am talking about on the screen shot yea?

Back