software routing challenge

kommakazi

Hack the Planet!@#
I have a rev A bondi iMac (OS 9.2.2) and a 500 iceBook (OS X.1.5). On my iMac I run IPNetRouter to share my dial up connection over my ethernet LAN with my iBook. It works all fine and great for getting on the internet on my iBook, but here's the problem. I want to use WebSharing on my iBook to make my web page available on the internet when the iBook is hooked up to my LAN at home. I have WebSharing enabled, but I cannot access any web pages on the iBook via my IP address from my dial-up. I can get to them using my iBook's LAN address via the iMac. Does anyone know how to set this up so I will be able to access the pages from the internet? I hope I'm explaining this clearly it's rather difficult to describe just ask any questions if you think you can help me. Thanks a lot!

i have never used IPNetRouter program or whatever, but the principle is simple. in your routers configuration, you have to enable port forwarding, and forward port 80 to the iBooks local IP address.

Thanks for the help, but I forgot to mention that I've already tried port forwarding from the dial-up address to the local iBook address port 80 and it hasn't worked :confused:
btw if anyone has timbuktu that knows possibly how to help let me know I can let you timbuktu in to take a look for yourself at my configuration.

Back