Software that comes with my new Mac

RSkwiat

Registered
I just ordered a Powerbook G4 on tuesday, and it doesn't say what software the laptop comes with does anyone know what stuff the current Powerbooks come with?

-Powerbook G4 Superdrive-
-768 Megs of Ram-
-60 Gig Hard Drive-
-Airport Extreme-

Panther (OS)
iLife (bundle of some very useful tools for video editing, sound editing, dvd playback, sound playback... check here)
However, you won't have a good office package such as MS Office XP. Apples Works is not included in the bundle afaik. However, you won't see any need for additional software that soon beside Office tools..

In addition to Mac OS X, the PowerBook G4 comes loaded with iLife '04, including iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and GarageBand.
QuickBooks bundle
The PowerBook G4 also includes QuickBooks for Mac New User Edition — and you also get a collection of graphics tools including FAXstf, Art Directors Toolkit, Microsoft Office v.X Test Drive, FileMaker Pro Trial, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner and Graphic Converter.

And M$ Office demo is included too ..
Congrats for the powerbook, are you getting the 15" model? (guessing from your signature)

I got the 12, could'nt afford the 15, and the 12 is more portable with me being a student/graphic artist and all. I really wasn't gonna get a mac (even though its the industry standard for the feild i wanna get into Graphic Artist), then i started messin around with OS X, and i really liked it.

I'm happy it comes with iLife thats why i upgraded and got the Superdrive :D , whats the point of having iDvd and iMovie if you don't have a DVD burner :rolleyes:

The Office v.X demo is something of a mixed blessing. It will give you thirty days to try out Office and see if you like it, but after thirty days you must uninstall the demo before you can install the regular Office version.

Back