Software Update claims to have run (but didn't)

yogi_kudu

Registered
Hello all. Just installed 10.1 and am trying to update to 10.1.5, but when I run Software Update in the System Prefs, it claims to have run today and that there are no new updates available. Is there a preferences file somewhere I can get rid of?

thanks, David

Yogi,

I am having the same problem, but I think it has something to do with a problem with updating from 10.1 to 10.5

I have downloaded the "installer update" which is required for the "10.5" update and my drives are grayed out.

I came to the boards to post the same question you did.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

tried the order in recommended above, with no luck.

I cannot install the installer update because the disk is grayed. (I cannot select it).

I installed the security update several times, but with no luck. (which by the way I installed the July 10th security update, not the 10-19-2001).

No luck figuring it out... infact I repeated the recommended process on another machine and it worked...

I need to reset something.... :confused:

Just a fun tip....you can run softwareupdate (no spaces here) from terminal when you're connected to internet, to see a list of available downloads, and you can download and install directly from the terminal. Seems to process a little faster there, too.

Back