Software Update error

slstranz

Registered
I have an iBook G4 - 1.07 GHz PowerPC - 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM

I just updated to " Tiger " - everything went smoothly and checked for updates after installing - worked perfect.

I installed " iLife 05 " - everything went smoothly and checked for updates after installing - worked perfect.

I installed " iWork 05 " - - everything went smoothly and checked for updates after installing -

Pages 1.0.1 - iDVD 5.0.1 - iPhoto 5.0.2 - Keynote 2.0.1 - GarageBand 2.0.1 - iMovie Hd 5.0.2 updates were then installed thru Software Update

When everything was installed and I tried to use Software Update again to be sure everything was up to date I got this error message

" A networking error has occurred: bad server response (-1011). Make sure you can connect to the Internet, then try again. "

Nothing else changed and the internet still works perfect as does everything except Software update.

This has just happened to me for the first time as well, after downloading several updates. The one that seemed to hang was the Java update; it appears to have not completely downloaded, whereas all the others were fine. All seems in order, save this message coming up every time I go to follow-up with the software download, thinking I shoulod complete the java update. I see no replies to your post, but have you figured it out yet? Thanks, Paul

I'm having the same problem. At the minute though I cannot connect to the internet at all. Safari and Firefox unexpectidley quit every time and software update will not complete, it stop before I see the upfdate options. Can anyone help?

Back