Software Update keeps repeating MacBook updates

tonym911

Registered
Software Update keeps telling me to install Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0 and MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.5 on my almost new MacBook Pro - three times so far. I've done it the first two times, but it's still bugging me with it. The description of the updates is as follows:

This MacBook and MacBook Pro firmware update addresses an issue where the first key press may be ignored if the computer has been sitting idle. It also addresses some other issues.

The update package will install an updater application into the Applications/Utilities folder and will launch it automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.

Any ideas? thanks Tony

I had a similar problem on my MacBook Air. I found that downloading the update without installing (choose download only from inside software update) and then installing it from the downloaded file solved the problem. It seems the other way didn't do the whole flash process etc.

Hi Mr Mace! That's great, your suggestion has worked, though even then the Firmware update didn't 'take' the first time I tried installing it from Download Only. Just tried it again and this time it worked, many thanks for your help.
Tony

Back