Software Update problem

infinityBBC

Registered
i just got my Powerbook back from Apple for a repair or two. after copying my user folder back over and all going well, the only problem i have run into is that the Software Update system preference thinks that all of my software is up to date, when it most definately isn't. apparently it is reading my old log and thinks that it is. well, i tried getting rid of the old log in the user preference folder once i found it, but that didn't work. i'm surprised Apple hasn't created a "purge log" or something to "reset" the updater. i'm actually more surprised that the Software Update doesn't simply check to see what software is actually on the computer and compare it with what's out there!

anyway, if someone knows how to get around this without re-wiping my drive and going through all of this again, PLEASE let me know!

thanks!

try dumping your 'receipts' for any system software.

(use sherlock and look for 'receipt')

thanks for your input... in: Library/Receipts, i found:

AdditionalPrinterDrivers.pkg
BSD.pkg
Dutch.pkg
Essentials.pkg
French.pkg
German.pkg
Italian.pkg
Japanese.pkg
Mac OS X Log.rtf
MinimalSystem.bom
Spanish.pkg

i tried temporarily removing "Mac OS X Log.rtf" and "MinimalSystem.born" and no change in results. i was not allowed to remove anything else. i'm still up for ideas! :cool:

Did you install the latest security update ?
If so, there will be no other (even older) updates available. That's a known issue and apparently, Apple is looking into it.

Back