Software Update Problem

osxnub

Registered
I have been having problems with the Software Update feature off and on now for months. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

When attempting to update from the apple menu it says checking for new software then says new software is available for your computer but there are actually no programs available in the selection box.

When trying it from system preferences pane it will tell me I am not connected to the internet. Internet works fine. Software update does not.

This is driving me nuts. What can I do?

Run the Software Update, and then when you get to the empty box, go to the "Software Update" menu on the top bar and choose "Reset ignored updates".

Is this happening from your home Internet connection or an office connection? In System Preferences / Network: add your proxy settings (the same ones you have added to your browser). In System Preferences / Internet: add your proxy settings.

It's happening at home. I don't use proxy settings.

this is an ibook connected to the internet via airport to an imac with internet connection sharing enabled

I have had a very similar problem. Mine, however won't even get so far as identifying which programs have updates. My last successful update was Jan 29, 2007.

My problem

I'm at a complete loss.

Have you tried a combo update to the operating system? When I had a problem with the system update, I found that a combo update fixed it.

I did a combo update and it hasn't changed the problem at all. Still won't allow me to access the iTunes store or software update.

Back