Software Update

ethereal

Registered
What the hell is wrong with software update?? :mad: I haven't been able to use it since 12/06/01. Everytime I try to use it I get this error: "Error ocurred while checking for updates." WHAT ERROR??!?!?!? I'm getting mad!!! I can't even get the latest software!! I didn't even know that 10.1.2 was out until yesterday because of this stupid "error". Does anyone know what's up? (before you ask, yes I'm connected to the i-net when I check for updates :p ) Someone please HELP!!!

if you can, e-mail me with a solution at etherealangel@mac.com

Attachments

• software update error.jpeg
    software update error.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 24
chances are you have installed some updates in the wrong order. you can either search apple's site or search this site as there are a few threads already covering the subject. i would find them for you but i am about to nod.:eek:

I had the same problem until I manually downloaded the 10.1.2 update and installed. Since then I've had no problems.

:confused: How do you install 10.1.2 manually? When I try it on Apple's page, it tells me to use software update. Is there a link I could follow? :confused: Thanx for the help!

Well, after downloading the software from the link you gave me, I realized something that I hadn't realized before. Apparently when I attempted to download 10.1.1 into my Mac (when it first came out), the download file was corrupt or incomplete - whatever the case - it was not properly installed! :rolleyes: The "combo" 10.1.2 didn't even recognize my disk as a 10.1 disk, let alone a 10.1.1 disk. :eek: So, I had to reinstall 10.1 in order for the "combo" 10.1.2 to work. Anyhow, after fixing that mess, my software update is up and running again! (and boy was I out of date!!!! I spent the entire night downloading!!!! - I didn't know iTunes 2.0.3 was out!!!! - didn't see much difference though). Thanx again to all of you for your help!!! :D

when i first got my powerbook, i encounter the same problem. just keep trying and eventually you'll get the updates.
sorry i could'nt be more helpful. hope it works.
cheers, kenneth

Back