Solid state HDs for Apple?

Ok, but then software would have to be rewritten. I haven't looked that far into wearable computers, but AFAIK they're not that functional and/or they serve one purpose. Flash has been around a long while now, and I just don't see Apple intregrating part of their OS into a pair of sunglasses, persay.

I would enjoy surfing the web from my sunglasses, but it would be unlikely of Apple to do so. Plus, I bet a lot of us would have to take a nap after seeing the price tag on a pair of ***Apple*** iGlasses. :p

They wouldn't be Apple sunglasses. They would be one of the existing products, plugged into a flash-based Mac worn perhaps around your waist or some such. Granted, the best I've found only supports a 640x480 display, but that will improve in time. Heck, if I had a flash-based MacBook, I'd want them so I could drop it in my backpack and walk around using the MacBook all the time. I'd never have to open it. The only thing holding me back right now—aside from money ;)—is the potential damage to the spinning disk as I walk or run around.

Hey that product you mentioned actually looks very interesting! My only drawback is the question of how to provide input data when you're running with the laptop in a sealed environment...?

...and then you could use an unscreen keyboard or the like. Neat. That sounds like an uber-techy idea that would please me greatly... haha.

Guys, I worked for DIGITAL before they where taked over by Compaq. Digital R&D where reseaching SSD (other breaking ideas to long to list). I have seen and worked on the Prototypes. They worked very well, fast, the issue at the time was that the chip impurities , and that due to that the heat affected the chips performance, memory leaks was also an issue.

But they found that if the (ram)chip was cooled via liquid nitrogen and using the RISC chip processor they had speeds of the PC well over 3GHZ, this was way back when the fastest chips where 150Mgz. A lot of logic boards burnt out as a result....But they got a working model going and stable for well over a year...Happy Days :)

Back