Some problems with OS X

Asimis

Registered
Hello people

I just installed Mac OS X in my iMac (version 10.1) and ive been having some little problems that i think some of you might know how to fix.

1-I can connect to the internet but i cant send or recieve anything. But when i switch to OS 9 my internet connection works fine.I am using my internal 56k modem, any comments on this?

2-I have a large collection of images wich i have downloaded from the web, some artwork and photographs. This images are all saved as .jpegs using Photoshop, so you know their icons are a small preview of the picture.In OS X most of the icons for this pictures are smaller than normal,making it difficult for me to identify images. I tried to make the icons larger but it just takes too much screen space and they look pixelated.

---------------

I think this is all for now :)

By the way id like to say hello to you all (yes i am a new use) I hope to talk a bit more with you.

1) change the modem type.
In my G3 tower it would give me errors till I assigned it some other modem script to use

2) the photoshop icons are not OS X icons, they are OS9 icons and like OS9 icons they will look pixelated when you magnify them :) There is supposed to be an app out there to fix that but I am not sure what its called.

1) change the modem type. In my G3 tower it would give me errors till I assigned it some other modem script to use

I did and still it does the same thing. And it doesnt gives me errors, it can connect but just doesnt moves.

2) the photoshop icons are not OS X icons, they are OS9 icons and like OS9 icons they will look pixelated when you magnify them

There is supposed to be an app out there to fix that but I am not sure what its called.

I am looking forward to that application. I know the PS icons arent OS X icons but what i mean is that they display smaller than normal and that makes it hard to see the thumbnail.

Thanks for your time.

I fixed it. I just had to clear the DSN and Name (wich say optional) fields and it started working. Thanks about the ethernet tip i already had it off because i dont use ethernet (for now).

Also thanks for recommending me GraphicConverter i am downloading it right now.

Thanks for your time guys.

Back