Some questions before buying a Mac.

Or I could do rm -rf ~/.Trash/* :p

Thanks nix!

BTW, is there usually a .Trash folder in each partition or what not? I remembered how the empty trash didn't work in GNome in my other box and I had to do locate .Trash and manually remove all of them... ~_~

Or I could do rm -rf ~/.Trash/* :p

Thanks nix!

BTW, is there usually a .Trash folder in each partition or what not? I remembered how the empty trash didn't work in GNome in my other box and I had to do locate .Trash and manually remove all of them... ~_~

You're welcome. You could do that too, but it's very easy to muck something up in the syntax. It's safer to just navigate into the folder and just delete the contents, especially if you're not well-versed in the command line. :D

As for Gnome, I've seen the .Trash folder in removable devices like USB drives, but I don't know if it's available on other partitions on your hard drive. Considering that it's a per-user function, I doubt it. Remember that other partitions that are part of the Linux file hierarchy are transparent so it wouldn't show in those other partitions. If you're talking about another partition like a Windows partition that Linux can write to (like FAT32), you might see it there as well.

Back