song plays after waking up from sleep

pazzmore

Registered
so recently, after waking up, making computer plays a few seconds from some band doing a cover of the elton john song, "i think it's gonna be a long long time".

huh?!

where did it come from?
it's not in my library of sounds or a music file i own.

i'd like to find it and kill it, but searching for it comes up with nothing. perhaps it is an invisible file somewhere??

any ideas?

Hm...

If you have installed some third party software, maybe that's the culprit. I would check the recent installed software (around the time when this started to occur)

If that does not help I would create another blank user account, log in with it, and then see if that happens there too. If not, it has to do with something in your home directory. If not, it is somewhere else (in the Library folder on the system volume I would persume).

If you remember when that started, I would search for files that were created/changed around that date. If something seems fishy, move it out to the desktop. If it's gone: voila! :)

Best aproach I could think of right now...

pazzmore said:
so recently, after waking up, making computer plays a few seconds from some band doing a cover of the elton john song, "i think it's gonna be a long long time".

huh?!

where did it come from?
it's not in my library of sounds or a music file i own.

i'd like to find it and kill it, but searching for it comes up with nothing. perhaps it is an invisible file somewhere??

any ideas?

Maybe it's possessed. Sorry, was just reading some post about 'possessed OS X'

Hopefully you can get it fixed.

Back