Songs imported from CD do not appear in library (iTunes 10.0.1)

riddle

Registered
When I import songs from a CD, the songs are not appearing under Music in iTunes.

The track info is properly displayed for the mounted CD itself and the songs are correctly imported (green checkboxes appear, the MP3 files are placed in the correct folder under "Music/iTunes/iTunes Music", and the MP3 files are playable in Quicktime).

I've tried re-importing the songs in iTunes using the File > Add to Library function, but no luck. This has happened with multiple CDs.

Songs that I have bought through Amazon were successfully imported.

Is this an iTunes 10.0.1 bug? I haven't successfully imported a CD since I upgraded.

Is my library corrupt? Is there a way to rebuild it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Details:
iTunes 10.0.1
Import settings: MP3 encoder, high quality (160kbps), use error correction
Mac OS X 10.6.4
MacBook Pro

When I import songs from a CD, the songs are not appearing under Music in iTunes.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Details:
iTunes 10.0.1
Import settings: MP3 encoder, high quality (160kbps), use error correction
Mac OS X 10.6.4
MacBook Pro
I have a fully updated 2009 MacBook Pro. To be clear, this includes iTunes 10.0.1. Importing a CD into my iTunes library just works. What happens when you select the Albums tab in the Music library?

MisterMe, thanks for the reply.

Albums tab? What albums tab? You mean, sort by album? I tried that and it didn't help.

However, the songs I imported from CD the other day have magically healed themselves and I can now see them, no idea why. I haven't yet tried importing more.

Be that as it may it turns out that this is a known problem and I'm not the only one who has experienced it:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2565869&start=0&tstart=0

(I searched the apple.com forums before posting, honest!)

Back