Sony camera/iphoto

Artist

Registered
Hi,
I use a Sony digital CD camera, and I've found that when I want to get to the photos in the camera, I have to import the entire disk each time in to iphoto, even if the disk has already been partially imported previously. I often like to use my photos as soon as I take them..then use the disk some more and then see the rest of the pics. Does anyone know of a way to select the images you want to import as opposed to importing the entire disk each time. Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to macs..
Thanks, Artist

I'm actually playing with the family Sony Mavica MVC-FD83 right now... It uses floppy disks to store photos. What I do is pop the disk and mount it in OS X, then create a new folder on the desktop. Then I turn the disk view window into list mode and command-click each of the jpeg files that I haven't used yet and drag them to the new folder.. then it takes a minute or five (floppies are slow :( to copy to the folder. I open iPhoto, import and select the folder, then I have my new photos. Eject the disk and put it back in the camera untouched and delete the desktop folder.

Not sure if the Sony cam you have is similar, but hopefully this helps.

Hi dricci,

Thanks for the idea, but I'm using the sony with the mini CD in it, and the
CD /DVD drive doesn't recognize the CD. It wants to initialize it, and I'm afraid if I let it do that, it won't work in the camera anymore.

You have to change the usb format in the camera settings to (I think it's called) ptp, then connect via the usb cable and iPhoto or image capture will open automatically. If not open image capture and click on download some. It will let you chose via thumbnails which images you want to copy from the camera's disk. The disk does not have to be finalized to view all the images on the disk.

I believe there was a string on this earlier but I can't find it now. Apple's lack of support for the udf formated disks is appaling. It would be so easy to allow reading them in OSX like it is in OS9.

Back