Sony VAIO = PBG4

Haha you're right!

Either that's one big screwup, or Sony did a heck of a lot of copy-catting.

Wow, that *IS* a TiBook, or Sony just gutted it and put in a PC motherboard. :)
The WinBook X1 was even closer to a copycat, they had the same photopositions too. The opened leaned over one, the head on and side shots. It's kinda funny how people say Apple sucks and then they and copy them straight up :)

Would make a great conspiracy theory... unfortunately it's just a screw up on the part of ZDNet. If you click on the middle VAIO you'll see what it really looks like (although don't get your hopes up too high... it doesn't look as good as the PowerBook ;) ).

Cheers,
Dak

Hmm... on a whim decided to read ZDNet's reviews of some laptops...

I notice under "Cons" they list every Mac laptop as having "limited expansion" or "lacks expansion bay." Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen many laptops boasting "3 expansion bay slots" lately... since laptops became smaller than a large piece of luggage anyway.

Oh, and the PowerBook got an 8 for setup and ease of use but the iBook got a 9. I don't recall them coming with a different OS, and the rest of the setup is the same. Ah, how scientific we are.

Oh, and my personal favorite: "Keyboard flexes too much." Yet, run over <a href="http://www.zdnet.com/supercenter/stories/overview/0,12069,451953,00.html">here</a> and you'll see them complaining about "Stiff touchpad buttons"... these editors must be really picky about their keyboards!

Cheers,
Dak

Back