SonyEricsson T68i: Who's got one?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
Well my Palm III XE is dying .. the screen sensitivity has been horrid for a couple months now. I just got back from a vacation to San Diego where my Nokia was filled with sand.

Both devices are about 2 years old .. so I think it's time upgrade. I only used the Palm as a planner, so with all this iCal, iSync, Bluetooth stuff that's going on, I think I may just get a cell phone that handle that job.

Does anyone out there have one of those SonyEricsson T68i phones? They're only $150 (heh, only) at the ATT store and they've got Bluetooth and a calendar. I'm wondering how the battery life is and is the phone itself is good in general.

Thanks for any opinions!

Originally posted by themacko
Well my Palm III XE is dying .. the screen sensitivity has been horrid for a couple months now. I just got back from a vacation to San Diego where my Nokia was filled with sand.

Both devices are about 2 years old .. so I think it's time upgrade. I only used the Palm as a planner, so with all this iCal, iSync, Bluetooth stuff that's going on, I think I may just get a cell phone that handle that job.

Does anyone out there have one of those SonyEricsson T68i phones? They're only $150 (heh, only) at the ATT store and they've got Bluetooth and a calendar. I'm wondering how the battery life is and is the phone itself is good in general.

Thanks for any opinions!

I don't have a T68i...but my friend does. It's alright reception....nothing great. The battery life is about 150 hours standby (give or take, ofcourse).

I have the T39m....external antanna, bluetooth, etc.. That gives me better rf performance, and ofcourse, costs less. Downside is, no colour, and it's a flip phone.

I generally get about 300hours or more of standby and like 3 hours talktime, on the thinnest battery (lithium polymer) that comes with it. There is one battery that you can get, that gives you like 700 hours standby. *lol*

If you wanna check out http://www.howardchui.com, he has a forum for cell phones....and while your at it, you can check out AdmiralAK's post count. :D

It's a bit too slow for me, my friend has one...but I guess that's just me and my SMS habits...

if u excuse the SMS Slowness, you'll love it! ... My guess they have minimal Memory, because i find it works a hell of a lot better, if you Delete all those read text messages (inbox and Sent) and all those emails! ... I Love the Fone, and the Calender is pretty handy (tying in with Apple's new Apps will Work GREAT!)
... i have a T68 at the moment, i might upgrade to the T68i, altho, i've setup so many little things to get the fone, how i wannit, i might not bother! ... its not like the T68i offers all that much more anyhow ...

The Battery Life is pretty good too! I leave my Fone on, 24/7, and i can't say how long it lasts, cus thats obviously dependant on many factors, but i'd say the length for me, is 'above average' for a standard Mobile Fone battery! :D

you'll Love the fone, Albeit the Speed which is my only nag!! :D

NeYo

Went and signed up for cingular right after macworld - partially out of eagerness and partially because I had just signed for another year (more minutes) with sprint and needed to change then or wait tooooo long. Apparently, cingular (and apple, i suppose) did not plan or did not care for my zest. I bought a passable motorola phone that I knew I could throw away without care in a month or two and patiently waited for the arrival of the T68i. It is now here in NYC and available for $249 to new subscribers. Because I am already on the hook it will cost me $399 (and this is a LOCKED phone!) The best prices I have been able to find online for unlocked phones are also $399-ish, but it is hard to tell how reputable the dealers are. Well, should probably be writing a letter to the president of cingular, not here. So - questions to those who have the phone:

USB or pcicma card adapter? (i have a tiBook 667 DVI and think the pc card would be sleeker)

Interference with airport?

Know of any good online T68i resources?

Howdy...

I've purchased a few Ericsson phones from pcsphonestore.com. I think they have both the T68 and T68i although the only difference is the firmware (T68 can be flashed to T68i). He's got them for $450 but they're completely unlocked and usable on any system.

Hope this helps...

Cheers
Don

Alright, with a bit of research I have found that the ericsson T39m is compatible with iSync and well regarded as a good product. It can also be found for $199-ish unlocked. I think this should be well suited to my needs for the moment & will probably skip the T68i generation (or pick one up when the prices drop)

Back