Sosumi = Speed

BBenve

Apple seeder
Sosumi Theme....at least for my iBook 500Mhz is = to speed..live resizing jumped toa almost perfect speed... navigation is a little faster and smoother... i love this theme..now .. if only i thaddsounds with it.....
Andy

Yeah, I'm sure mine is a bit faster to now I installed sosumi... I wonder why, it's just as complex internally as Aqua surely?

Bernie :eek:)

To make it easy, put the files from the disk image right in your home, along with your music and document folders. Then open the terminal, and paste only the second command in the FAQ file, omitting the percent symbol from the beginning of that command.

And yes, you can uninstall, but when i did it didnt put my dock back to the default "lines" style, which is ok since i use transparent dock anyway.

good luck

plus, i didnt see a speed improvemnt when installed on my iBook, plus i got sick of it in about 1 minute, but i guess its all taste....

Originally posted by Ronnie Fitz
this maysound stupid!!
but how do you install the dam theme~~~~~!!!!!!
please help:confused:

Drop the Sosumi theme into a folder called whatever you want. Mine is located at ~/Pictures/Themes/Sosumi

Once you drop it into a folder open up the terminal and go to the folder where the Sosumi files are located. In my case I would type:

cd ~/Pictures/Themes/Sosumi

Once you are in the directory type sudo perl install.pl

That should install the Sosumi theme, you then need to logout or relaunch the finder to see the theme in effect.

P.S. On my iBook 500 mghz is sped things up considerably.

Here is what I did to recover Aqua. First I open up Sine's FAQ where it lists the files that Sosumi will replace. Before I replace Aqua with Sosumi I copied all the files listed on the FAQ to a folder called "Files". I then placed that folder into a new folder called "Aqua Restore". Once you have clean copies of all the original Aqua files you should copy the .txt file in Sine's "Files" folder to your "Files" folder located in "Aqua Restore" . After that you need to copy the install.pl file to your "Aqua Restore" folder. Once you have all this in place, you can open the terminal and run the install.pl file within the "Aqua Restore" folder which should reload Aqua for you. One last thing, I decided to edit Sine install.pl that I use to restore Aqua, since I do not need a backup of Sosumi since I have his whole installer and files located in a folder I removed the backup command included in Sine .pl file. Once you have both the Sosumi theme folder and the Aqua Restore folder setup it is a matter of seconds to move back and forth between the themes.

By the way, I was not sure if Sine's package had a way to reinstall Aqua built in. Now that I think about it you could probably run the Sosumi installer, and then untar the backup and drop those files into a folder called "Files". Can someone confirm this, if so you don't need to find all the original Aqua files one by one. Only reason I chose to do it the way outlined above is because I thought I read somewhere that the tar.gz may have damaged the Aqua files.

Hope that helps somebody,
Jason

Sine's package includes a perl script to restore Aqua. Personally, I love Sosumi. And I have noticed the speed increase.
:D

I guess that teaches me I should read carefully. I went through that whole process for nothing. Hell at least I learned something along the way. Plus it works so I can't complain.

Jason

Back