Sound wont play from safari....

hoarp001

Registered
Hi, for some reason, sound from sites like youtube wont play from safari. It gave me errors to say my bluetooth headset was not in range. I dont have one, and have never set it up, so im not sure where that came from/ Anyway i deleted it from the device list and now it dosnt give me an error but no sound plays. The sound is up, i can hear from itunes...

Whats wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,

i tried that bit in the audio midi window, but under the bit that says 'AUDIO OUTPUT' it says 'Output is not supported'

Hmm.

any ideaS?

Try opening up garageband, recording some music, then quitting out. That should also reset the midi..

I've got exactly the same problem - MacBook Pro 1.83; 10.4.8. I've tried recording in Garageband as suggested and midi is already set as apple recommendation, and I'm still not getting sound.

When the Audio Output screen appears, the master volume slider is set at 0 and isn't active to adjust. Is this the problem?

BTW Hoarp001 - when you open the midi window 'Properties For' usually reads Built In Microphone. Change this to Built In Output and you should see the output screen.

Back