Spare-parts for powerbooks

Matsaki

Registered
I have a Powebook G4 alu 1.5MHz 15" (Rev 2) and have stumbled on the power-supply cable :(

I found one site ( http://www.pbfixit.com/cart/catalog/ ) that sell spare-parts but the DC, line-in board is out of stock. I would not mind to buy just the plug either and solder my self.

I would also like to find the plug on the adapter as it's easy to change and a bit stupid to buy the whole adapter.

So, I am looking for places to find spare-parts :)

PBFixIt is a good source, which I like to patronise in gratitude for their great take-apart manuals. I see they are out of stock on this part ... and that it's cheaper elsewhere:

PB Parts (Arizona)
PowerBook Guy (California)
PowerBook Medic (Alabama)

An eBay search. For some reason, all the ones presently offered are for 12" and 17" PBs, but I see there was one offered for a 15" last week that didn't sell and may still be available.

As for the adapter plug, one of the above sources may have some info, or you could try the two PowerBook mailing lists, which I've found to be useful resources: PowerList and G-Books. And of course there's always the Apple Discussion forum.

Here's a discussion about replacement plugs from MacInTouch; scroll down to "Dec. 3, 2004: Source For DC Adapter Plugs?" and continue to see responses. (This is a Google cached page; the original couldn't be found, possibly because MacInTouch is currently reorganizing.)

A search of this site might also be useful, but I haven't been able to figure out how to narrow it down to less than 150 results, the first ten of which don't seem to be relevant.

A very big thanks for all that info. At a first look it seems that all the DC Power Input Board for PowerBook Aluminum 15" they sell is for the first 1.5MHz Powerbook (Rev 1) and I have the second (Rev 2) and they dont have the sam DC board :(

But I keep looking and will aslo look arround more :)

Back