Speakers popping!

gigapet

Registered
For some crazy reason my left hand speaker keeps cutting out in a 'helicopter-rotor' kind of way. You know a duh-duh-duh-duh kind of way. It doesn't start straight away and my powerbook is only a month old. This is the third mac in a row I've had that's developed a fault early on. If there's anyone out there that can help with my speaker issue I'd be eternally grateful.

sounds very much like the left speaker doesn't work fine anymore. I don't think you consider opening the case of your powerbook to see what's wrong. So, my suggestion: call Apple.. :(

Are you playing the same songs on all these computers? You could have some songs you downloaded or were ripped incorrectly and are therefore too "hot" for your little computer speakers.

Try playing a song on flat with a legal song (from a cd or iTunes, etc.) and see if you still get the popping. If you do, maybe there's a wiring/connection problem with the speaker.

Also make sure your music player's level isn't boosted. That can cause distortion when you play music as well, so set this flat.

Let us know how it goes!

Unfortunately it occurs when all music is played, music from sites included. I'm giving Apple a call this morning. Yet again I guess I'll have to drop my computer in to someone and miss out on another five days work or more. This is the third mac I've owned in a row that's developed a fault within the first few months.

It's funny, because this same thing happened with my internal speaker on my G5 tower the other day... it's been acting funny.

Completely unrelated, but the other day the G5 said there was no AirPort card installed... very strange. I had to yank the card and reinstall it just for it to recognize the device.

Oh, one more thing...

My theory is that the speaker / speaker-wire wasn't insulated properly, as speakers will sometimes pickup and output various signals floating around the room if they are not properly isolated.

Back