special prosecutor assigned...

RacerX

Old Rhapsody User
not.

Here is an interesting point. At what point did the Clintons involvement in the Whitewater land deal become so great that a special prosecutor was assigned? You may recall that the former partners of the Clintons had a land deal go very bad and after almost 6 years of investigation Starr was unable to find anything that the Clintons did wrong.

Now fast forward to the current Enron situation. The current administration has had very close dealings with Enron both during the campaign and after the election (Cheney's energy task force), but when asked if a special prosecutor was going to be assigned, Bush said he didn't feel that one was needed. Really? And at which point did Clinton feel the need to have one assigned? Bush said that he felt that the Department of Justice could handle that case without help from the out side. Mind you that this is the same DoJ that just gave up on a winning case against Microsoft (who was second only to Enron in overall campaign contributions to the current administration). Something tells me that the DoJ is far from being unbias in this matter.

Does anyone else find this disturbing?

unfortunatly, no more disturbing than that GW made it to the white house in the first place. which is pretty damn disturbing to me!! Why is it democrats are always being jumped on for their marital indiscretions and republicans are always doing something criminal? frankly i want a president that knows how to get what he wants thru seductive methods, rather than one who bullies and extorts to get his way.

reeeaaally
(said with a rather sacrcastic tone)

I'll do it! Bling For President in 2024 (I did the math... it works out)

I'll be 35 in 2022 (Age to be President) and the election would be in 2024

My Campaign... The other guy is a dumbass... I'll buy you all Mac G8's with Studio Displays!

Apple would have at LEAST 75% Market Share once they figure out that Macs are better (but you'll always have some numskull who thinks there is no competition for the PC)

Let's start the cause now!

Ahh. Who should I vote for?
Herve or BlingBling?

Its tearing me apart! And I've only got 22 years to make up my mind (assuming Australia is a state of the US by then)

Bling is ahead now, for promising Mac G8's... :D

Both would be a prime candidates. And both have a better command of the english language than Bush. You have my vote.

Just to shuffle back to the original post.
What I see as different in comparison to Whitewater and the MS monopoly which could bear some weight in how the DoJ handles this, is in who has directly been hurt by the Enron circus. Setting aside other institutions, there is the Enron employees. I think this marks a difference on how the matter is perceived, being much more dubious and appalling.

1st - i agree with testuser.

2nd - living in an all electric home, you can count me as one of millions of others who have been hurt by enron's dealings and business practices:mad:

Back